Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tagged


So the lovely Lauren tagged me... 

If you could have dinner with one fictional character, who would it be?
Yikes, I have no clue! Um, okay, maybe Ben-Hur? Or the main guy from Costain's Silver Chalice. Just because that would be such an incredibly interesting time period. Or maybe TinTin? That would be fun!
What's your favorite kind of blog to read? Journal blogs, or more focused blogs?
Both, I guess. I usually like ones that either inspire me to be better in different areas... I'm also likely to avoid blogs written by women who are going through the same stage of life as me... I'm not sure why. 
Who would you most like to get a book signed by? 
Living- ? ;  Recently deceased- Julia Childs or Edith Head; Deceased for a while- Laura Ingalls Wilder
The Summer Olympics are this year! What is your favorite activity to watch?
Pretty much anything!
Classic question: which three books would you take on a desert island?
French dictionary, an illustrated encyclopedia, the Bible 
Africa or Alaska: if you had to visit one, which would you visit, and why? 
Africa - to visit one of my favoritest cousins and her family! (and see the Pyramids) Although I would love to visit Alaska too. :)
What are three places you'd like to visit before you die?
Europe (broad interpretation here!), Egypt, New Zealand... 
Have you been keeping up with the Republican primaries? Who would you choose for president and why? Yes & no. I see (WSJ)/hear (Rush Limbaugh) glimpses of what's going on, but I haven't purposefully been watching it. Um, and I think Santorum? But I don't really know, I haven't researched it at all....
Which type of poetry do you prefer: rhyming or blank/free verse?
Um, since I don't know what "blank/free" means, unless it means just non rhyming, I think it shows that I am totally too ignorant to answer that... I do enjoy poetry though!
Which movie are you most looking forward to this year?
I don't even know what movies are coming out that I should be looking forward to, but I would like to watch most of the movies that were featured on Sunday at the Oscars...
If you could have the powers of any superhero, which hero would it be?
The ability to fly! Peter Pan has always been my dream...

And for eleven random things:
1. My bedroom has a pretend patron saint, Saint Agnes
2. I like seasons.
3. And snow.
4. I really like to travel.
5. I am about to be in my 7th wedding as a bridesmaid.
6. I look horrible in white
7. I have a wardrobe instead of a closet in my room
8. I went to public school through 4th grade
9. Since my concussion one of my eyes goes straight up and down, the other at an angle. It's going to take a while to fix this...
10. I say carpet instead of rug.
11. My grandmother was my preschool teacher.

And that's all folks... It's time for me to go to bed! Thanks Lauren!

2 comments:

Rissi said...

Fun post, Sara. =)

Lauren said...

Dinner with Tintin... now that would be fun. (He'd have a lot of great stories!)

Blank/free verse does mean non rhyming. :)

Thanks for answering my questions, Sara!