Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 53








In narrative form today:
1. Went to the eye doctor today, and for the first time ever, my perscription didn't "significantly" change! Yay. BUT, very annoyingly, my contacts are too old and got trashed. So now comes the dilemma (which really isn't in the big picture of life). Do I a) keep the glasses I have, but don't like anymore ( I think my face is too narrow for them now) b) buy new glasses or c) buy new contacts. And if I buy new glasses, than which type? Do I go super trendy? Like hipster? Classic? Tortoise shell? In my picture I'm trying on hipster glasses for fun and looking at the photo I really like them... temptation! But I also have to remember that my eyes shrink to half their size because of my strong prescription.... oh, life is so tough. I think I'm going to wait until after I get my haircut on Friday to decide.

2. Working on my TOP SECRET PROJECT (TSP). It's not really, I just want to have substantial progress before I talk about it to much on here. But I did spend 10 minutes fiddling around with Scott's router trying to figure out how to get the bit and bushing in and was quite pleased that I eventually figured it out.

3. I also almost finished my jig for my TSP. So excited!

4. Not pictured: A major miracle happened today. I know, it deserves a picture, right? So here's the scoop. One of my favoritest dresses was a couple of sizes too big, so I decided to get it washed and put it in storage. Well, it accidentally went through the dryer (this would normally be a big oops that I go at great lengths to avoid with most of my clothes) and oh, my, goodness, it shrunk, but it perfectly so that I can now wear it!!! I'm so excited. I now have 5 Sunday dresses. Yay!  I can't get over it. Seriously people, it's a miracle.

And I think that just about wraps it up... people are still fighting the flu here. I'm trying not to succumb tonight just a little shaky and my dinner feels like it's sitting like a rock in my stomach. Hopefully I'll wake up well in the morning. :)

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I always thought if I had to get glasses I'd consider horn-rimmed ones. Of course, I wouldn't want to look like Rita Skeeter, but I do think they look cool on some people. :)

Leah V. said...

I don't know, Sara, those "hipster" glasses remind me too much of the good ol' days of HUGE-cover-your-entire-face glasses and very full bangs. I'm sure we have plenty of pictures of you and Sally together to prove my point. ;) Go for new contacts, soft ones this time. But of course, you will always need a back-up pair of glasses...
Ever heard of zennioptical.com? They sell glasses for really cheap! So that way you could get a few different pairs!

Ellen Ingersoll said...

aaah, I'm loving the hipster glasses. Very chic on you. Don't listen to Leah. :P

Anonymous said...

Now I am suuuper curious about said TSP. And I really want to see this jig you are perfecting....