Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 46 (Birthday!)



Today is my birthday! I had a lovely evening with three of my favorite ladies with whom I've been doing a Bible Study now for a little over a year. The picture above is from an outing we had in December to celebrate completing a year together. My mother then awesomely got it placed on a mug and gave one to each of us tonight. So fun!


Our outing was right before Christmas, and after taking an historical house tour we ended up at a Konditerei in Salem, where the picture was taken. You can't see it to well in this blurry photo, but the window has a swag with lights on it, which makes the picture so festive! And we all love how it says Desserts in the window... and you can tell we are holding our leftovers. :)


Most of the day I just puttered around leisurely... and cooked. For my birthday dinner, I made ginger pineapple glazed ham, mashed potatoes, and a spinach salad with candied walnuts, mushrooms & avocado. Christine brought the appetizers and Jeanne & Janna both made the amazing flourless Chocolate Cake. Tyler and Daniel (and Anna - my little friend) also lovingly helped with the food and then all the young men lovingly did dishes!

No comments: