Sunday, August 28, 2011

Southward ho, to California we go!

So I thought I would go ahead and do a play by play of our trip. I'm not sure if I'll get through the whole trip, but I'm gonna try!

August 10th, 2011, Wednesday The rice fields were gorgeous as Mom, Jacob and I flew over them. Colusa county (where my grandmother grew up) is famous for their rice fields and the good duck hunting that accompanies them. :) The ricefields were brilliant shades of green and since the fields are divided by little dikes, it reminded me of a patchwork quilt created from green batik fabric like below. Just gorgeous.


During the flight I mostly worked on the crossword puzzle (I'm not very good) that's in the back of the magazine and finished reading a book.

Aunt Susan picked us up and we drove to Aunt Debbie's (& Uncle Ken) for a light snack that she graciously provided. It was nice to see their place and meet Gidget (their new doggie).

We then headed over to Sally's house for dinner with her family and the Walkers and Jason (Ellen's fiance). Man, I was tired. The day ended watching Cheers as I referenced here.


No comments: