Sunday, March 11, 2012

Waiting quietly

Things I'm thankful for (or trying to be!):

1. A warm fire - Daddy built one this afternoon and it's still going strong. I'm laying in front of it as I type.
2. Good sermons on Lamentations - Our pastor is preaching on this right now. Today was a good day for me to hear his wisdom.
3. A renewed focus on being thankful. I'll be honest, I whined and worried a lot to God last week. And I'm not proud of it. I lost my Praise-The-Lord-no-matter-what focus. Hence this post to try and shape things up for this coming week.
4. The fact that my worrying and whining doesn't change anything.
5. God is in control.
6. That God has called me to wait... quietly. And hope. He knows my desires.
7. This being driven home to me by this verse that God laid on my heart from today's sermon.
25 
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,To the soul who seeks Him.
It is
 good that one should hope and wait quietly
(Lam. 3:25,26a)
8.  That he does hear my prayers
9. That he will give me the strength to wait on him and not try to take matters into my own hands.
10.  The last couple of weeks being filled with on and off sickness. Thus not a lot of homeschooling happening. Which also means we are getting behind... in my mind at least. But really, God's in charge.
11. My memory or lack thereof. The exercises I get from the functional neurologist play havoc on my memory some weeks. And my eyes...
12. Not always getting the "big" picture of a scenario. Kind of hard to explain, but I just don't pick up on stuff like I always should... which is all related to the previous point.

And now for more fun stuff..
A friend who got engaged yesterday! Yay!
Another friend getting married in 40 some days.
Baby Lambs
White Collar marathons. I think we watched 3 or 4 episodes tonight...
Being strong enough to start exercises beyond yoga, ie, using "weenie" weights.
How much better I'm feeling. Even with my weird brain stuff, I feel better than I have in years!

Well, I guess I'm off to bed. G'nite folks!

2 comments:

Susan in Elk Grove said...

Waiting on God with the desires of our hearts can be a toughie.....God's promises are ALWAYS true. THAT you can take to the bank! <3
And there's no shame in weenie weights. That's a great place to start! :-)

Sara Bette said...

Thanks Aunt Susan :)