Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 113




1. Strawberry lemonade, reading (Sanctuary for the Soul, Road from the West, Not So Big Solutions for your House) and and sunshine!
2. What else? Church, enjoying the sun, enjoying the heat, and steak with shishkabobs barbecued by the amazing Nancy.


Today was a momentous day in a small way. I don't talk about it a lot on here, but one of the results of my concussion a year ago was that my eyes went seriously out of whack. For instance, when I looked up and down, one eye looked straight up and down (correctly) and the other eye went diagonally! Just crazy... even the functional neurologist said "Well, that's unusual!" When I found out what was going on, I was rather relieved! That was why I couldn't read without my eyes hurting, or shoot baskets or catch things, and why I kept banging into things... So anyways.... My eyes have been dramatically improving over the last couple of weeks thanks to several things... and today, this afternoon, I actually read naturally. For the first time in over a year, I didn't have to think about it or push my eyes to the point of exhaustion.  I am so incredibly thankful. I miss books so much.

No comments: