Monday, June 27, 2011

Rose Festival





I want to do a couple of catch up blog posts about the past couple weeks. We've had a banger of a couple weeks with our friends the Walkers (and Ellen's fiance Jason) visiting. On Saturday (the 11th) Jason and Ellen and Scott and I went up to Portland for the afternoon to see what the Rose Festival was about. I've always wanted to go for the parade so since no one wanted to get up early to go save seats (selfish!) I was happy to settle for the festival. And I did get to see a marching band which made me more happy than it should have. I love me a good marching band. :)


We had fun meandering up and then down the sidewalks looking a the big boats. Next year I'm hoping we can tour them on a weekday when they're aren't such long lines. My pictures taken in front of the Essayons which is a dredger that I had read about in this little book about workboats. I have no clue where I picked up this book but it's a fun little read.




Ellen and I waiting for Sara and Colin to arrive.


Afterwards we met up with some friends at McMenamins for drinks and dinner.

The weather was perfect and so was the company!

No comments: