Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fine lines

At Cape Meares Lighthouse

So things are kind of spastic around here. My laptop (which really isn't mine, but on permenant loan from my mumsy) apparently didn't like last week at the beach and has decided to rebel. Argh. So now I'm trying to figure out what in the world to do...

And then being me, I totally overanalyze it and get overwhelmed with all of the options. And then there's the question of what do I want (an Apple) and what do I need (nothing that fancy). And that's not even including the fact that I need to buy a new phone and I want a camera. Oh, the agony.

And then I wonder why in the world do I over analyze this sort of stuff? In the big picture, does it matter?

I wonder if over anaylzing things is crossing the fine line between responsibly researching and thinking things through and worrying. Which unfortunately boils down to not trusting God.
And then it's not good is when all the options lead to a fear to act. Sometimes I've found that if the way isn't obvious than it's not time to act. But sometimes it's all too easy to let the fear of being a perfectionist and getting it absolutely right isn't any better. I'm not quite sure I know where the line is drawn.

Which leads me back to community. And family. They can provide the wisdom and balance that I need. And for that I am grateful!

No comments: