Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 124




1 & 2. I volunteered at Champoeg's Founders Day event today. Wore my new corded sun bonnet. I got many comments on it, so that was fun. I  liked it so much, I started hand sewing another one during the slow moments. My dress is the very first historical item I ever sewed. I made it when I was 15, sans pattern. I had a copy of Who Wore What and I scoured the internet for tips, which 12 years ago, there wasn't much in the way of  1860's clothing advice! I never thought I would wear it again as it was too small and too short. But! I now fit it, and thankfully I included a growth pleat in the skirt which when let out this week made it long enough to wear with petticoats. Also, I feel compelled to point out that I would have sewn a collar and cuffs for my dress yesterday if I hadn't been fighting a cold.
3. Visiting at Amandas. The birdies have a nest with eggs.


No comments: