Monday, January 9, 2012

An unexpected theme of marriage

First off, let me say that I am totally super duper excited about my best friend, Rebekah. She's getting married! Happy dance! The only thing that is super sad about it is that she is in Spokane, and I'm not. Oh, the joys of long distance friendship.

Second of all, this is a great article on marriage. It's making the rounds on my facebook feed, and it's worth reading. One of my favorite ways of defining marriage compatibility (and it's probably some horrible misquoting of a famous quote) is that you can tolerate in your spouse the quirks that no one else would put up with.

I know three couples who got engaged New Years weekend. And I already have a wedding to go to in February. Rebekah's will be sometime in March/April. And it's only January 9th... bring it on! Who doesn't love weddings?

I guess marriage is the unintended theme of this post. So I guess I'll just continue...

I had a good laugh yesterday with my friend A. Her husband, E told me while walking through our church's fellowship hall that he had a guy for me to meet. I was like "oh, okay" and then we had to part our separate ways. I didn't give it much thought... so it was SO funny later that day when I was talking to both of them and A, being the hopeless romantic was aghast that her husband could be so casual about such a thing. Anyways, I thought it was hilarious. Hopefully, they don't mind me writing about it. :)

If you're looking for a good book to read on marriage, I would suggest Love & Respect. Rebekah suggested it to me and I enjoyed skimming through it. My parents are now reading it and really enjoying it.

This afternoon, Mums and I hung out at a friends house and watched Midnight in Paris. I'm not quite sure what I think of it... not that it really matters. I'm thinking I would of liked it a lot better if it'd been directed by the British. It was fun to watch once and I'm not sure if I watched it again I would like it more or if it would still seem the same. I absolutely loved the first scene with Ernest Hemingway though. That made me laugh. And the movie did have a good message... And the scenes of Paris were fun.

Anyways, I think of run out of stuff to say along these lines. Although I'll probably think of something at midnight that would have been simply smashing to include here. Because that's just how I roll...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the article, Sara. There were some good reminders!