Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mama Mia!

Yesterday I finished watching Mama Mia.

I enjoyed it until the last 30 minutes. I could tell it wasn't going to end the way I wanted it to.

It was pretty funny really... I mean the whole idea of doing a movie based off of a British (I believe) musical featuring a Swedish rock band's songs (sung in English) on a Grecian island (with Mr. Darcy, no less) was pretty ridiculous in a good way.



So anyways, I was watching one of the songs when I realized how much Colin Firth (pictured above) looks like Seely Booth from Bones. Doesn't he? From this angle wearing Aviator sunglasses? For a second I thought he was Booth with longer hair!

There was also fantastic scenery. One of my "favoritest" authors (Gerald Durrell) writes about his childhood growing up on Corfu, so it was awesome to see the topography.

Here's the church that is featured in the movie. It's pretty amazing!

Anyways... I wouldn't just recommend the movie to everyone, but it was certainly entertaining and amusing.

2 comments:

Amanda Evans said...

At the very least it was quite beautiful!

elizabeth embracing life said...

I just love this little Farmerettea and her billowing thoughts.