Monday, December 6, 2010

Cookies and Cooking


Today Anna and I baked cookies in honor of St. Nicholas day. Jacob didn't get to help make them (he was folding laundry and doing chores) but he and Anna both got to cut them out. It was going to be one batch of cookies, but after making the first batch I realized that I had made the wrong recipe for rolled cookies. So, we started over again. What a shame. ;) More cookie dough to eat!


Sonya peaked in for a very candid shot. Not sure what Jacob was thinking in this shot. Hopefully Sonya will forgive me for including a picture of her...

I also made Pioneer Woman's recipe for Acorn Squash.


My friend, Agata, had posted about it on Facebook about a month ago and I finally made it. It was delish. I forgot until after I had made it that Agata suggested using only half the sugar. I did the full amount, and yes, it tasted like desert!

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Love the pic of Jacob and Anna :D That squash looks AMAZING!!! I will be making this THIS WEEK!

Amanda Evans said...

Yeah, I always half PW's sugar and topping amounts! Cute pictures of the kids too.

Susan in Elk Grove said...

"tasted like desert"? You mean dry and sandy? ;)