Sunday afternoon, after church we all took an outing to Benham falls. We even got to see a couple of crazy kayakers go down! Then it was back to the house for dinner and to watch Life of Pi.
Sunday, March 24, 2013
Saturday, March 23, 2013
1. Hanging out at the house with Dad.
2. Going to Old Mill with Susan and Mom
3. My favorite store in Prineville. One day I'll actually go in!
4. The best Chinese restaurant in Oregon. We drive to ridiculous lengths to get here. And we've now shown up enough that they know us!
1. Admiring the snowy peaks while driving along the gorge
2. A park in Hood River
3. Winter wheat? and sagebrush
4. Stopping in Madras to watch the biggest fire I've ever seen. Sad but fascinating.
What else? Today we drove to Bend to visit our friends the Ayers. Because of snow on the pass, we turned a three hour drive into a four hour drive by coming around by the gorge. We then stopped enough times that we turned the four hour drive into an almost six hour drive. Sigh. But we made it!
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Monday, March 18, 2013
1. Feeding ewes and lambs. All the lambs have been born.
2. Daniel's portrait of Wilma enjoying the sunshine
3. It's Dad's birthday! Scott and Juli came over to help celebrate, along with Roger and Bev.
4. S&J also finished opening up their wedding presents.
5. A proper rum cake for his birthday.
Sunday, March 17, 2013
Saturday, March 16, 2013
1.-4. Jacob and I took a farm tour today.
Visiting Amanda and the fruit stand, putting the cows back in their pasture (!), enjoying Mr & Mrs Cook over for the afternoon, tidying up and recovering from all of the wedding festivities, enjoying Andrew's amazing pork chops from the pigs!
Friday, March 15, 2013
Thursday, March 7, 2013
Spent the morning doing chores with Uncle Rick, Tia Vero, Olivia & Lillian. We held baby chicks, saw freshly born lambs and fed the cows.
Then it was off the Mt Angel Abbey for a picnic lunch.
And the rehearsal & dinner in the evening.
For the rehearsal dinner, a couple of ladies from church volunteered to cook it! Our family did the decorations and young people from church served and cleaned up. We invited out of town guests so we had about 50 people there so it was a fantastic party!