Sunday, July 29, 2012
1. Watching, what else, the Olympics!
2. What else? Weird stomach aches throughout the day.. almost didn't come to church, but they went away. Came home early though in case they came back... I think Andy had something like this last week.
We are totally loving the Olympics here. It's amazing/scary how quickly you get used the idea of sitting in front of the TV all day... It's been fun to watch gymnastics with Andrew (and Daniel and Jacob) now that they have gymnastics experience under their belt. Mostly there's a lot of "OH THAT'S SO HARD!" being exclaimed. I dig the swimming/diving also.
Laura and I also have a little joke going on right now about finding an Olympic sport that we could compete in for the next one... current considerations are - badminton, rowing, shooting, archery, table tennis, fencing, etc... you know all the ones you don't have to be a) a shrimp or b)super young! I think I'd go for shooting or rowing at this point. Although, I always wanted to be on the swimming team when I was younger...
Saturday, July 28, 2012
1. Morning hot chocolate up in Portland with Laura & Katie
2. Giant light bulb heads seen while wandering around in the Mississippi District
3 4 &5 Trying to get some photos of us while eating lunch of Fusion food and crepes from food trucks
6. Made blue berry pie for dessert. Yums.
7. What else? Enjoying the diversity of stores along Mississippi, thankful for K & L and our friendship, eating ice cream while watching passer-bys, admiring an awesome bike with basically a cradle between the front wheel and the handle bars (!), watching the Olympics!
Friday, July 27, 2012
1. A farm tour of Birds and Bees Community Farm.
2. A clever composting system using stock panels
4. Last-minute-evening blueberry picking
5. What else? Lap swimming in the morning, errands in the afternoon, a nap and munching on blueberries while watching the Opening Olympic Ceremony.
Thursday, July 26, 2012
1. Eating dinner outside (Tuna noodle salad with olives, squash and green beans, cucumber tomato salad with a balsamic/rice wine vinegar, watermelon, homemade bread)
2. What else? Taking it easy after a whirlwind of a weekend and Future Woman's Camp.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Future Woman's Camp - Day 3
Breakfast chat with Lisa P
Hike (we hiked in a nearby forest down to a creek and spent time wading in the creek)
Lunch (with and impromptu tractor/trailer ride around the pasture)
Head Home (So sad to have it end so quickly!)
That afternoon I took a nice nap and then Mums, Julie & Scott, and I went out to dinner at the local golf course restaurant. Everyone else got home later that night...
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Future Woman's Camp 2012 - Day 2
Breakfast chat with Agata
Craft- thank you cards
2nd Talk with KerriAnn
Sports (Basketball, Croquet, Soccer, Badminton, Volleyball)
3rd talk with KerriAnn
Movie (we watched Robin Hood Errol Flynn)
Today was a lot more relaxing then yesterday. :) Some of us "older gals" joined in for the sports and water balloons. Dad also surprised Mom by sending her flowers!
Monday, July 23, 2012
Future Woman's Camp 2012 -
About 10 girls (12-14yrs) and 10 moms spent three days here on the farm.
Arrive at the Cones and unpack
Ice breaker and Orientation
Craft-Gratitude Journals (top picture)
Archery & Target Practice (girls looking at their targets and searching for arrows)
Craft- T-shirts and bookmarks
Talk by KerriAnn
I spent most of the morning running around getting things ready, and then enjoyed helping out with the target practice (we used pellet guns), giving a little astronomy talk on the zodiac and how to find the north star, watching Project Runway, talking with everyone who came, leading an almost-midnight walk in the middle of the cleared forest to gaze at the stars and watching some of Roman Holiday.
Sunday, July 22, 2012
1. Jacob's packed suitcase and his accompanying stuffed animals - the lion and the tiger
2. What else? Church and then home early to get ready for Future Woman's Camp, and to send off Tyler, Daniel, Jacob and Dad on a hybrid camping trip to Eastern Oregon.
Saturday, July 21, 2012
written July 26, 2012
1. At Andy's rather small and informal Graduation Party ... the girls stood and the boys sat/laid down while playing volleyball over a badminton net
2. Watching the pigs eat is our latest form of entertainment
3. &4. Out to dinner with Scott & Julie, and Jason & Ellen. Very fun!
5. What else? Errands in Molalla, finding out that throwing a party for 40 people the day after a wedding = tired, driving Aunt Susan up to the airport with Mom (such a short visit!)
1. Scarlet runner beans in the vegetable garden
2. A wedding! Sara & Colin got married. It was pretty fun... they were excited!
3. At the party with Amanda and Hannah... oops, I didn't think to take pictures until it was dark...
4. & 5. Floating lanterns! One of the most amazing things to see in person. Really.
6. What else? Lap swimming early in the morning, cleaning up inside and outside today, enjoying the wonderful wedding reception, dancing :)
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
written July 26, 2012
1. Mom and I in front of a berry picker at OSU's North Wilamette Research and Extension Center's annual Open House
2. One in which I'm actually looking at the camera
3. Jacob (with Daniel riding along) got to drive a $350,000 tractor
4. At the berry station. There were four varieties of blueberries to try and many more of marionberry. There was one not even named yet! My favorite was black pearl. Yum.
Monday, July 16, 2012
1. The processing trailer all set up. We hosted/helped present a class on how to processing your own chickens today through OSU.
2. Laura from OSU talking about new regulations
3. Some table decorations
4. PIGS! (technically this should be old news as I got them on Saturday, but I haven't had a chance yet to blog about Saturday, so here they are!) Our new night time entertainment is watching them eat dinner.... and our morning one was watching them try and snooze in the sun. There's four of them, they all want to lie in a row, and no one wants to be on the end! So each one took turns realizing he was on the end, would get up walk around and then plop down on top of the middle two. Then a minute later, the next one would repeat the process. It was amusing.
5. What else? Spending the day getting ready for the class, giving a little farm tour, making ice cream with Rebekah F (oh yes, they were visiting!) for afterwards, making watermelon lemonade (yum!), saying goodbye to Rebekah, having dinner with the class and teachers, cleaning up, farm chores, Jason and Ellen arriving (yay!).
Sunday, July 15, 2012
1. Parish group of Joseph and Hannah F's...
2. All of the piggies!
3. Rebekah & Cal with Brownie the cow
4. A picture of yours truly with the pigs
5. What else? Church of course, visiting with friends, doing farm chores with R & C