Sunday, February 27, 2011
Friday, February 18, 2011
About five months ago while visiting a friend, she made me sit down and take the personality test presented in Please Understand Me II (and just for the record, I think that's a pretty lame title). I'm not a huge fan of personality tests and I've never taken one on Facebook, like "Take this quiz to find out what Jane Austen character you are", but my friend had been raving about the books for weeks so I was curious to find out more.
The Four Temperaments
- As Concrete Cooperators, Guardians speak mostly of their duties and responsibilities, of what they can keep an eye on and take good care of, and they're careful to obey the laws, follow the rules, and respect the rights of others.
- As Abstract Cooperators, Idealists speak mostly of what they hope for and imagine might be possible for people, and they want to act in good conscience, always trying to reach their goals without compromising their personal code of ethics.
- As Concrete Utilitarians, Artisans speak mostly
about what they see right in front of them, about what they can get their hands on, and they will do whatever works, whatever gives them a quick, effective payoff, even if they have to bend the rules.
- As Abstract Utilitarians, Rationals speak mostly
of what new problems intrigue them and what new solutions they envision, and always pragmatic, they act as efficiently as possible to achieve their objectives, ignoring arbitrary rules and conventions if need be.
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Monday, February 7, 2011
Isn't it to die for? I wouldn't mind the 80 degree weather that accompanied the trip either...
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
1. That my concussion was not any worse.
2. Hopefully I should be better in 4 more weeks. Sigh.
3. That the doctor didn't say it would be months until I feel better.
4. For a loving family (especially Andy, Daniel and Jacob since they are home the most) who've pitched in.
5. Getting out of having to do the dishes. Not going to lie here. :)
6. That I got the concussion in winter when there is nothing exciting that needs to be done outside anyways.
7. Still being able to go to Spokane a couple of weekends ago.
8. Not being able to read for more than 10 minutes at a time
9. Netflix instant watch. I love you.
10. Documentaries. And Pushing Daisies.
11. My laptop dying.
12. Having a spare laptop that I can use.
13. Having a smaller appetite.
14. Already knowing a good Physical Therapist (PT) (Thanks to Mom having her last year)
15. That my neck doesn't normally hurt like it does today, thanks to the PT.
16. Crossword puzzles.
Raisin Cinnamon Bread about to go into the oven
Thanks to my concussion, I haven't been able to do much lately. The one thing I've been able to do a little with is baking since it require short spurts of activity. The last couple of Mondays have been bread baking day and it is a lovely way to start the week already feeling accomplished!